1. My concerned, thoughtful, and generous friends have made a difficult time easier, and remind me how lucky I am.
2. Ice, and pain reliever. (They count as one, this time, because they go together and are so helpful!)
3. Judy won Put An Egg On It, and it makes me happy for her.
4. My mommy is back in Southern California... it's a comfort just knowing she's that much closer.
5. Geoff, William, Alex, Max, and Maria... my family are a dear, good thing.
So as not to be obtuse... I am on the mend (I hope) from a bulging disc. In fact, I was going to post about my ailment and pain, last week, but then it all got so out of control, I abandoned my blog, and a whole lot of other things, too! It started a month ago when I woke up with what I figured was a basic pinched nerve. Naturally I paid it little heed and kept urging myself to walk it off and carry on. At this point in the story Geoff is free to say "I told you so," because I scoffed at his oft repeated advice to seek medical attention. I am just so loath to see doctors, take meds, make much-ado-about-nothing. I did finally see my physician and he ordered a scan, but before I could keep the appointment today, I was all day in the ER on Saturday. Yeah, basically I was a feeble, writhing, blubbering, twisted and desperate piece. And now we know why: Bulging disc. I was afraid they might tell me It's nothing-go home, but by then I was fairly certain the MRI would reveal a small and snarly, fanged gremlin chewing on my nerves and tendons!
My mom offered to come and help (so glad to have her on speed dial, just in case.) Janece was ready to feed us, and the goats and the chickens! (I've got her number handy, too.) Anna came with pie and chili, and sympathy. Diana came with good advice, a good accupuncterist (sp, I know... blame the meds) and these awesome links for ice packs. Ice packs! I was reluctant, but now Ice and I are friends. So, I am chillin' and healin' and copin' and hopin'. I don't recall anything I did to injure myself, but you can be sure I will not be lifting any goats, or carrying sacks of feed, anymore!
Please, tell me, what's good with you?