Please do not think I am hosting a pity party, but there are some thoughts nagging to get out of my head...
So. About yesterday.
1. I do like Farm Chicks.
2. I do Love Christmas.
3. Playing along, promoting someone else's book, blog, life…
well, it just seemed like a fun thing to do. It seemed like a blogger thing to do.
4. I felt bad about making it less interesting than I had envisioned.
a. Maria is very sick, and I got it too. Sleep and comfort are rare commodities these days.
b. Crunch mode has begun, and we do not have Geoff's company most of the week.
5. I posted anyway, making the most of what little time, and energy I had.
6. I enjoyed reflecting on those particular memories and activities that I especially love.
7. I enjoyed anticipating what I hope we can enjoy this year.
8. But Chickenblog went out of her league.
8.5 I feel foolish.
9. I feel like a blog slut.
blog slut noun 1. a woman that offers her time and blog space for the promotion of strangers, in exchange for possible blog traffic, feedback, vicarious feeling of being part of the inner sanctum of elite bloggers.
10. My part in some other person's party was basically unnecessary. (With the happy exception of my chat with Miriam.)
11. I would (and may still) take the post down, but I have a long standing tradition of being painfully honest with myself, and I think the post serves to remind me that my efforts, my ideas, feelings, and creations, belong to me, and are best shared only with and for the people that actually appreciate them. I was not disingenuous in the post, but I think I was playing in the wrong league.