Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Monday, June 29, 2015
We made a special effort to hang out after the dancing, so we could catch some sights, and indulge in special treats. Roast corn with chile? Sí, por favor! Even a bag of cotton candy, then a ride on the giant ferris wheel, which has been beckoning to Maria all month! She loved it, of course. The crowds had to have been record-breaking, but we managed to see a few farm animals.
The people watching was exceptional, and seeing the robots was thrilling, too! Hard to believe it's been four years since we were at the Fair for robotics, and our favorite FIRST teams, like FIRST 2102 Team Paradox, and those Midnight Mechanics from The Preuss School. Proud and excited to see that first place ribbon on Marie Antoinette. Looks like Team Paradox is doing better than ever!
1. Our refrigerator died. And we scrambled to manage all the perishable food damages... even going so far as to bake 24 croissants! Duty calls. Nothing good in all of this, but Geoff did save the day: He had to manufacture a small part, to replace the broken mechanism (no longer made by Kitchen-no-Aid.) His time and efforts paid off, and we have a working refrigerator again!
2. Our first Summer Movie Night was fun... we showed Return of the King, the director's cut. The movie is fabulous, but the best part was getting friends together, and sharing a rainbow carrot cake in celebration of a move forward in social justice, and love.
3. Nutella Cheesecake... Erika, there were a lot of rave reviews for this tasty contribution!
4. I have a dear friend who is going to Iceland... I just get so excited thinking of the adventure she'll be enjoying, and I cannot wait to see some pictures, and hear about what she sees and does.
5. People send me funny videos about goats, and chickens... sometimes the same video link will be posted to my FB wall multiple times. This cracks me up.
I cannot believe this is only the first week of summer since both Max and Maria are out of school... what a lot of goodness we've enjoyed already! How is your summer shaping up? I hope good things are happening for you, and yours. Please tell us what's good where you are.