1. Our oven, The Thermafail 2000, has been operable, not more than, 4 times since October.
2. It has been seen by an appliance repair expert, who is still waiting for Thermafail HQ to report back to him about parts, and the meaning of a "code 43."
3. Geoff has diagnosed the "code 43"
4. The Thermafail 2000 is a 580lb beauty, with little, to nothing, to recommend it to people who like to actually cook.
5. At four o'clock, today, family is coming here to cook a birthday dinner for Geoff. Here. Cook. In our kitchen.
6. I ordered dessert. Thank you Karen's Kookies, and Moonlight Baking!
Just before Alex and Geoff lifted off the... the thing at the back of the stove, I asked: "Geoff, should I call your mom, and ask her about having dinner at her place?" And Alex replied, with admirable bravado, "We'll be baking garlic bread tonight!"
...they're still tinkering. I'm not worried.
Should I be?