San Diego Safari Park~
It will always be the Wild Animal Park for us, but whatever they call it, this research and preservation, sister park of the San Diego Zoo is always a worthwhile place to visit. We packed sandwiches, grabbed our annual passes, and enjoyed a perfect fall day, when we had the park all to ourselves, and none of the 106 degree fahrenheit days they get in the summer! Maybe it's been too long since our last visit, because Maria was delighted and enthralled by every sight. Or maybe it's just that seeing elephants, cheetahs, giraffes, bats, African Toads, and rhinoceros up close in the beautiful back country is enthralling. It was a fun day. Relaxed. We saw a dozen or more mule deer contentedly browsing in the open space. There are many free roaming species that enjoy the protection of the Zoo. It felt special seeing these wide eyed beauties, and I was reminded of Ada, and Tasha Goat.
1. Veterans, and their families: Their service, and the significance of all they sacrifice.
2. Counting down the days until Thanksgiving, and making plans, revisiting traditions, anticipating the joy of gathering with loved ones.
3. A dependable, and roomy ride, and another ride for back-up. It's such a blessing to be able to go where we want to go.
4. Pulling together to get a job done... our backyard benefitted from a first round of sorting, decluttering, and small repairs. I'm inspired to do more, more, more.
5. Travel slide shows... yours, ours, new, old. I love seeing those snapshots and memorable moments that happen in new places.
Won't you please share, too! Tell us your good things.