Our grand opening was a success. We had neighbors, family, friends, even some dogs, come to warm things up with books, great food, stories, and enthusiasm for the Little Free Library. We had cute woodland creature book marks from Lia Griffith, printed out, for party favors. Lemonade and cookies, as promised, and even a ribbon cutting.
I carried my camera around, and thought I would definitely document every precious moment... but apparently I was too caught up in the festivities to do much picture-taking. I got our bookmarks, and the Library waiting for the celebration, and the big reveal, with Izzy, and Maria and all those great books... thanks to Holly!
Some friends couldn't make the event, and Maria was so distracted running and playing in the backyard, she missed a bit of the pomp and circumstance. I assured Maria... this is only a beginning, and more celebrations, play, sharing, exchanges, and library stewardship is in store for all of us.
1. Rebecca, Eunice, and Delia finished everything to do with selling the Pasadena home, and are already comfortably resting from the first leg of the drive to Oregon.
2. Everyone that came to the Bird House Library opening added greatly to the success of the celebration... helping and sharing, and being perfectly enthused for this dear venture! Thank you, all!
3. Our many, many home improvement chores, and fixer-up projects are coming together, and progressing... we are wired for lighting at the gate, and have lights along the driveway... less stumbling in total darkness, yeah!
4. It's Memorial Day... a good time to reflect with gratitude and respect for the women and men, the first responders, the activists, the diplomats, and military, who have made the ultimate sacrifice, in service, to our country.
5. We have this day, free, and open for doing things we enjoy.
Do you have plans for the day, something you enjoy doing? I'd love to hear what good things you see.