Thursday, November 28, 2019

Please Enjoy

Happy Thanksgiving! I feel right in the middle of my favorite time of the year, and I love, love, love Thanksgiving... a family day, a home day, a thankful day, a gather and share day, a day to celebrate intention, purpose, love, tradition. This year we made plans with Holly and Rich, and Ruth, and we began the day, Geoff and I, on our bicycles. On bicycles, despite the obvious signs of foul weather.

Sometimes, the world leaves a cue... and when it's a happy prompt, I take it to heart. Please enjoy.

We were at the furthest point from home, just finished checking on the Moment's cats, when the rain started. It started hard, and increased. Then came thunder, and hail, and with the thrill and exhilaration of fear and excitement, I screamed for about 60% of the ride home, the other 40% I was laughing. Even with some rain gear, we were soaked through and drenched beneath that!

I am thankful for neighbors that share from their homes and gardens. I am thankful for our bicycles, and how Geoff maintains them, and supports me, my healing. I am thankful for helmets, and gloves, and the way it feels to laugh and scream at the top of my lungs. I am thankful for the garage door opener, dry clothes to put on, a washer and dryer to take care of our messes. I am thankful for views, nature, the horizon, rocks, sage, storms, and cold air. I am thankful to be close to friends, to be entrusted with the care of their pets, to feel a part of a community.

William, Max, Anakin, Maria and Izzy~

Izzy and Nick~

Geoff and Holly~


Denise and Chris~

Holly and Ruth cooked and served a beautiful dinner, and we were joined by Rich's brother and sister-in-law, Denise. We had Anakin for furry, happy company, and games to play, stories to share. I am thankful for all the times we can be with each other, with family, with friends. I am thankful for our pets. I am thankful for the connections we make, and the comfortable and easy way we pass the time catching up, playing. I am thankful to be invited, included, to participate and contribute, to make plans. I am thankful for our children, to be in their company and enjoying our time together. I am thankful for memories, for the comfort of recall, and appreciation, so that all the loved ones I miss can still be with me in my thoughts and heart, in my values, and hopes.

No comments: