1. Holly and Rich will very soon be holding a baby. We were at a baby shower for them, and enjoyed the celebration, the anticipation of new life.
2. Maria can walk. When she wants to. She doesn't often want to.
3. You don't have to walk to get around. Maria is all over the place. She's also very, very messy.
4. I am very, very messy.
5. Another baby is anticipated. This one is arriving in September, and as soon as Bill and Alison ask, I will flood them with my happiness, spare baby goodies, loads of wisdom and free advice... they may not ask... but I'll be ready if they do.
6. Cristina and Spencer won't need any advice from me when they welcome #4 in October!
7. We move in June, if you haven't heard. No, we don't know where we are going. No idea.
8. Geoff is still going to work at Healthmediinsuronet. They're swell.
9. Years ago while waiting for an appointment I read a story in the New Yorker, "Brokeback Mountain." I thought it was a surprisingly horndogger* story. *Horndogger means: Highbrow Porn. I remember thinking "Dang this is so horndogger, who gets the idea to write this stuff?" So, was I just reading the dirty parts? Am I a total ignoramus? Critics are falling all over themselves for the movie and for the short story that inspired it. When I read it I completely missed the true reflection of mountain ranching life, the story of love that will not fade. I did not pick up on the deepness, the richness, the literaryness. What else am I missing? What other treasures of art, literature, culture, discovery and science am I failing to comprehend? Dang.
10. We saw Eight Below Friday night. That was a good movie. I could quibble over details and I don't expect to see Cannes clamoring to show it, but it was an entertaining family movie with a good message.
11. The same good message is in another good movie: "Never give up. Never Surrender." Galaxy Quest.
12. Max is hungry.
Post a Comment