If there is anyone out there still wondering... we made it. Barely. And there has been some collateral damage. A hole in a wall. A lost mind (mine.) My gift to the world is that I am going to skip the details. Instead I will make this post a quick catch-up, so that if I ever want to recall what happened to the months of September and October in 2009, I can refer to this page and then shudder, and then praise God, again, that we came out as well as we did. Mostly I will grin and sigh and feel incredible, because I think the future is bright, and it's beginning right now.
1. We moved in to a beautiful home.
2. We have too much stuff. (There. I said it. I wrote it. I have to live with it. No one needs to mention it to me ever again. The end.)
3. Even the cats are here. I wonder what they will shred first...
4. Colds, flu and malaise has been our constant companion throughout the pack-move.
5. My father is a handy man. (And what I am rather poorly expressing here is the happy comfort of having the help and the extra sweet skills of someone capable and loving. He is making our lives easier, and what nicer thing can there be than that?)
6. I cannot remember the last time I picked up my camera, which is a shocking admission. Shocking.
7. I have been sewing, which is both shocking and stunning.
8. Yesterday, after loading the Odyssey to the roof and even on the roof, four times, I came home to finish two Halloween costumes.
9. The two children whose costumes were finished wound up staying home from their school parties, due to illness.
10. My mommy has been out of town, and I have been out of touch, and I cannot wait to hear from her.
11. Actually, I cannot wait for all things normal... I look forward to being rid of boxes and packing tape. I look forward to not driving between two houses, and trying to make both of them clean and safe.
12. "Normal" and "routine" are probably still a long way off, but however long it takes us to settle in, I am happy to be here.
13. Is there a happier word than "happy?"
14. I am happier than happy.
What a coincidence! I have been thinking of you today, Natalie. Wondering where you are in the pack-move. And then, like magic, there you are. Hopefully, with recovery from illness and unpacking, you'll all feel rested and renewed from the craziness of moving.
I think you've done GREAT!!! Tonight you need to have some pizzas delivered and watch a movie (if you can find them!)
FINALLY, finally, finally the only home you have is the bird house.
Many hugs to everyone for all the hard work!
Phew! I can feel your relief.
Hopefully the costumes can still be used on the day itself.
Are you all set for T or T in the birdhouse?
"14. I am happier than happy."
THAT makes *me* happier than happy! Welcome home, Natalie!
Hi! I'm catching up on my blog reading. Happy Halloween! Congrats on the new house! Sorry to hear that you guys are dealing with illness. I hope all are well soon. What have you been sewing? I hope things slow down soon, but at least you're happy. ;)
Post a Comment