Five years ago, when we were thinking of a good gift for Geoff's mom, Ruth, we decided we would enjoy a City Christmas... some brunch or lunch, some culture, lights... fun together in the city. We've enjoyed great music and food, our first Nutcracker Ballet, seeing Bambi in the Nutcracker, a day in Balboa Park, and this year the Park and the Zoo!
It was a brisk, clear day, and we had a wonderful time.
1. The city of San Diego, with Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo
2. Seasonal sights and sounds... the music from the organ pavilion, the lights in the park and city
3. Lions, and tigers, and bears, and capybaras, wombats, cheetahs, klipspringers, rock hyrax, leopards, elephants, rhinos, giraffes, condors, polar bears, wood ducks, reindeer, and conservation.
4. A ride on the Skyfari at the end of a long trail.
5. A weekend full of activities with family and friends.