It's kind of a funny story, how we have so many hens, and so many eggs! I made a risky calculation. Every time I've ever bought chicks, even when they were "pullets," which guarantees a higher chance of getting hens over roosters... every time, I've managed to get roosters. Sunshine, Pip, Amelia, Edison, Zoltar, and more! Lots more. But this time I tried to outsmart fate. I didn't want to raise six chicks and only get three hens for my trouble, so I brought home lots of chicks, so that in the end, we would have about five or six new layers, plus our old hens who had stopped laying. I was very pleased with my brilliant plan. Can you guess what we got? What we got was no roosters! Not one! Every new chick grew into a big fat egg laying hen, and our old hens started laying again! Instead of four or five eggs a day, we get anywhere from eight to ten fresh eggs, every day!
Anna Banana just sent me a message: The double yolker was delish! I knew it would be a double! So, glad our first customer is a happy customer!
1. We are counting down to spring break for Max and Maria.
2. There is more rain in our forecast.
3. Anna Banana found, and enjoyed watching, the Christmas in Yellowstone Nature episode I was telling her about.
4. Geoff and I watched a movie, together, with a happy ending... that's sort of three for one!
5. Everyone got to school and work, with relatively little suffering or woe... not bad for a Monday morning.
I hope your Monday is starting well, and finishing better. Share some good stuff?