Everyday I check three different sources for available homes. Everyday I make phone calls, leave messages, send emails and wait for replies from prospective landlords. Because I am an emotional person all of this involves anticipation, anxiety, tension, a sense of hope, followed by disappointment. I mentally move in to every house that seems remotely like our future home; I calculate all the pluses and minuses and sum up our projected contentedness. It is too consuming, and try as I might I can’t seem to do it any other way.
But there is a new way… I mustered the nerve to call Bob and ask about yesterday’s mystery guest, the guy I assumed was an architect. I was reluctant to talk to Bob, because I was not prepared to hear that he was ready for us to move out a.s.a.p.
1. The mystery guy is an electrician
2. Bob was meeting him to check the power panel on the back of the house
3. Bob was delayed
4. They are meeting here tomorrow; it shouldn’t require coming in to the house
5. Everything is going v e r y s l o w l y with the plans and the city
6. Bob can’t believe it’s almost July
7. I can’t believe it’s almost July
8. We agree we would all be relieved to extend the lease through September!
9. After September we may stay month to month
Here I will insert a quote that Janece shared today; it’s fitting:
“Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy, you can’t build on it, it’s only good for wallowing in.” Katherine Mansfield.
So never mind I thought we would be out of here by now. Never mind that I wasted a lot of time and energy on house hunting. Let’s look forward with our new circumstances in mind:
1. We like it here
2. We can enjoy another summer of apricots, then plums and finally apples
3. I can shift my energy from searching to everything else (cleaning, packing, teaching, nursing, reading The Hobbit aloud in the tent in the yard…)
4. We can replace light bulbs (we’ve been such short-timers we haven’t been replacing difficult to access recessed light bulbs; it’s been getting quite dark in some rooms)
5. We can make the most of our proximity to Tamsyn, Adam, Jacob, MNO, this, that and the other
6. Enough time may pass that the universe will smile on us and direct us to an ideal home
Thank you Janece… things are opening up for us in unexpected ways.
I'm very glad that things are much better now. =) God bless your family! =)
P.S. Yes, I know about His Dark Materials. But I haven't read them. I'm actually always "planning" on reading them. Hehehe. I hope to read them soon! =) I hadn't heard about the movie at all.
Post a Comment